Installation error RRS feed

• Question

• Installation error on XPSP2 machine, The System administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.

I googled this and found a few issues with windows installer and I  have disable windows installer, but I get the same error.  I have local admin rights, domain admin rights. 

Thanks

Norman

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:05 PM

Answers

• Couple of things to try.

1. You can also try in "Disable Windows Installer", setting it to Enabled, and then Never. 

2. Log on as the administrator and try to install. 

3. Under HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer see if the key looks like this:

Name - DisableMSI Type - REG_DWORD 0 = enable

3. Uninstall and reinstall Windows installer from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893803

4. In Services.msc, see if Windows Installer Service is disabled. 

Are you able to install any other MSI packages?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:38 PM

All replies

• Couple of things to try.

1. You can also try in "Disable Windows Installer", setting it to Enabled, and then Never. 

2. Log on as the administrator and try to install. 

3. Under HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer see if the key looks like this:

Name - DisableMSI Type - REG_DWORD 0 = enable

3. Uninstall and reinstall Windows installer from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893803

4. In Services.msc, see if Windows Installer Service is disabled. 

Are you able to install any other MSI packages?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:38 PM
  • Hi there, 

Were you able to install SharedView given DavidM's suggestions?  If so, that's great, and if not, please do revisit the forums so we can continue to work through this together.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 5:19 PM