none
I would like SyncToy synchronizing always automaticaly RRS feed

• Question

• I thing it would be another useful tool having SyncToy with an option of running in background automaticaly, I mean, as soon as one folder or file is updated, added or erased in the original folder the duplicated one automaticaly shows the change by mean of SyncToy; simmulating the command in Unix that do that.

Thank you.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 3:59 PM

Answers

• SyncToy2.0 release has a commandline utility (synctoyCmd.exe ), you can use this utility tool to be part of your batch file, which can be triggered by the changes you made in the files, to kick off the sync automatically.

thanks

Yunwen

Monday, January 26, 2009 5:56 PM

All replies

• SyncToy2.0 release has a commandline utility (synctoyCmd.exe ), you can use this utility tool to be part of your batch file, which can be triggered by the changes you made in the files, to kick off the sync automatically.

thanks

Yunwen

Monday, January 26, 2009 5:56 PM
  • Ohh!! Thank you very much!!!

Honestly I didn't think that I would receive an answer to my post. Thank you.

But How can synctoycmd detect a change in any of my files? And then executes SyncToy in order to update the duplicate?

Furthermore, Where could I find the synctoyCmd.exe file?

Thank you.

Monday, January 26, 2009 6:21 PM
  • Hi -

SyncToyCmd.exe is just a command line wrapper around SyncToy.exe so SyncToy is still doing the detection and execution. You will find SyncToyCmd.exe in the same location where you installed SyncToy.

Thanks

Deepa

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:07 PM