BizTalk - CRM Invalid Character RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys!

I am currently having a problem with getting the response from CRM 4 with the new BizTalk CRM 4 Adapter. I am currently using a RetrieveMultipleRequest to get some account data from CRM, but I am getting the following error message in the event log:

A response message sent to adapter "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0" on Receive Location: "SendPort1" with URI:"http://server:5555" is suspended.
     Error details: There was a failure executing the response(receive) pipeline: "Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.XMLReceive, Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Source: "Pipeline " Send Port: "SendPort1" URI: "http://server:5555" Reason: An error occurred when parsing the incoming document: "Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 116720.".  

The data contains special characters (Umlaut) like "ä,ö,ß,ü". Does anybody have an idea how to fix this problem?

Cheers

Raph

Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:53 PM

All replies

• I am not totally familiar with CRM adapter but here are some suggestions for approaching the resulting error you are hitting in the XML Receive Pipeline:

1.    Check the regional settings for the BizTalk host & machine – do you get this error with settings for locale? - deutsch?

2.    Optionally (depending on exact scenario) you may be able to switch to use the passthru pipeline instead so as to avoid this error

3.    It’s possible that sender (CRM adapter?) is using a more restrictive encoding declaration (e.g. UTF-8) on the incoming XML which will error with non ASCII char we have in alphabet like French/German.  Controlling either at sender or in custom pipeline are options to resolving.

Cheers, JB [MSFT]

Please note - This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, November 17, 2008 6:12 PM