File conflicts... RRS feed

• Question

• Ever since owning my HP Windows Home Server, I have had File Conflicts. One in particular has been a file in the hidden recycle bin within the music share (access denied). I also get random other ones littered through the rest of the shares too. In the past I was able to restart the server and the problems would go away, now they don't and I can't view these files any longer.

Whenever I've posted on here I'm told to raise an issue on Microsoft connect. I found one that seemed the same so added myself into that issue. Haven't been contacted about it. I am now at the stage of wanting to wipe the storage and start again. Can you recommend an easy way of doing this?

Many thanks.
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 5:04 AM

All replies

• That_s Numberwang said:

Ever since owning my HP Windows Home Server, I have had File Conflicts. One in particular has been a file in the hidden recycle bin within the music share (access denied). I also get random other ones littered through the rest of the shares too. In the past I was able to restart the server and the problems would go away, now they don't and I can't view these files any longer.

Whenever I've posted on here I'm told to raise an issue on Microsoft connect. I found one that seemed the same so added myself into that issue. Haven't been contacted about it. I am now at the stage of wanting to wipe the storage and start again. Can you recommend an easy way of doing this?

Many thanks.

First, you should create your own bug report on Connect (including the CAB files and screen shots).

Once you've done that, you want to check the instructions that came with the HP MSS.  (One method, Server Recovery, wipes the OS partition, but keeps the rest of the data in tact.  The other method, Factory Reset, wipes all of the attached drives at once.)
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:06 AM
  • OK - are there any step by step instructions on how to raise a call, including the "cab files" and screenshots?
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:27 PM

OK - are there any step by step instructions on how to raise a call, including the "cab files" and screenshots?

This post points to the Connect tutorial for submitting CAB reports and Connect also has a tutorial for submitting bugs.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] Windows Home Server Team
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:19 PM
  • My file conflicts have started again so I decided to report this following the instructions that you provided. The connect ID is 386276. What kind of service should I be expecting from Microsoft now i.e. when am I likely to hear back?
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 4:50 AM

My file conflicts have started again so I decided to report this following the instructions that you provided. The connect ID is 386276. What kind of service should I be expecting from Microsoft now i.e. when am I likely to hear back?

Hi,

We will try to get back to you immediately as long as the bug wasn't submitted during 'off hours.'  Triage is done in Redmond,  so figure that if you submit a bug after business hours in Washington, we will look at it the next morning. Also remember that if you provide us with log files or other information, we will do as much investigation as we can before we get back in touch with you.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] Windows Home Server Team
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 5:22 PM