(MSCRM4) Import Organization Wizard "setup user needs to be mapped " RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen more people having this problem. I've also seen the MS KB article. So far, no solution.
    I hope someone can help us out here.

We have a MSCRM4 Enterprise environment with organization ABC.
    We want to create a test environment DEF on the same installation with the ABC data.

We made a backup of the ABC_MSCRM database and restored the database as DEF_MSCRM  used de import organization manager to import a new organisation DEF. After manually mapping the setup uses we encounter the following problem "At least the setup user needs to be mapped before this organization can be imported".

Any ideas?

Thanks ia,
    Jorn
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:43 PM

Answers

• I know this is an old thread, but just encountered this same issue migrating a client to a new domain and server.  To resolve I did the following in the mapping.

1. Go to the old system, access CRM Deployment Manager and look to see who is the "Deployment Administrator"

2. In SQL run the following query:

select fullname, domainname from systemuser
    where domainname = NAME OF THE DEPLOYMENT ADMINISTRATOR FOUND IN STEP #1

3. In the new environment, go into CRM Deployment Manager and discover the Deployment Administrator

4. During the mapping in the import organization, make sure that the record found in the query from step 2 is mapped to the Deployment Administrator in the new environment.

SS
    Friday, September 23, 2011 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Hassan, thanks for searching with me.

We have seen that MS KB article but we are still having that error, on Step 7 to 8 to be precise.

We have seen that previous post and tried the mentioned solutions, with no success.

The two obvious:

We are running the import org wizard with the user who installed MSCRM4.

The user has AccessMode = 1.

Can this have anything to do with our AD structure? We have multiple enterprise domains and trusts.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:56 PM
  • I know this is an old thread, but just encountered this same issue migrating a client to a new domain and server.  To resolve I did the following in the mapping.

1. Go to the old system, access CRM Deployment Manager and look to see who is the "Deployment Administrator"

2. In SQL run the following query:

select fullname, domainname from systemuser
    where domainname = NAME OF THE DEPLOYMENT ADMINISTRATOR FOUND IN STEP #1

3. In the new environment, go into CRM Deployment Manager and discover the Deployment Administrator

4. During the mapping in the import organization, make sure that the record found in the query from step 2 is mapped to the Deployment Administrator in the new environment.

SS
    Friday, September 23, 2011 4:34 PM
  • Hi SS

Your hint made it work. Thank you very much.

Although I had mapped the current Deployment Manager with a Deployment Manager from the old database, it only started to work when I used the first in order.

regards

Sigi

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:38 PM