Backing Up HomeMedia Server RRS feed

• Question

• I understand that the OS will keep redundant data. However, I still need to do a backup of the whole system in case the homeserver goes completely down (water, fire, theft, etc). How do i do that?

Btw, the HP MediaSmart Server has no CD drive. So how am I supposed to use the re-install CD?

Thanks
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:39 AM

All replies

• hfaun said:

I understand that the OS will keep redundant data. However, I still need to do a backup of the whole system in case the homeserver goes completely down (water, fire, theft, etc). How do i do that?

You can backup your shares to an external drive through the Console.  There is even a way to backup your client PC backups (by either logging into the server desktop and running a few commands, or using an add-in that automates the process).  However, you cannot backup your "whole system".

hfaun said:

Btw, the HP MediaSmart Server has no CD drive. So how am I supposed to use the re-install CD?

Thanks

You need to use the DVD drive in a client PC.  For more details, please consult the instruction manual that came with your server.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 7:03 AM