Installing OneCare To Windows 7 Need Now To Test? RRS feed

• Question

• Okay I have OneCare free with my qwest internet server, and I need this one my computer for I need it I would like to be a beta tester to make the full OneCare Applications to work on Windos 7! Where do I go for this and how can I make this work on Windows 7 as I am testing Windows 7 from the Beta to now the Windows 7 RC. Thank you! Please help! I can not pay for another virus application for they do not give it free in Windows 7 Thaks!
    Monday, August 10, 2009 10:26 PM

Answers

• OneCare will not work on Windows 7, nor will it ever. OneCare is at end of life and will be replaced by a free product, Microsoft SEcurity Essentials, based on the same engine and signatures as OneCare, but without a firewall and the other extras that come with OneCare. The built in features of Windows 7 cover that. MSE will run on XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and will be free to all.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:07 AM
  • OneCare will not work on Windows 7, nor will it ever. OneCare is at end of life and will be replaced by a free product, Microsoft SEcurity Essentials, based on the same engine and signatures as OneCare, but without a firewall and the other extras that come with OneCare. The built in features of Windows 7 cover that. MSE will run on XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and will be free to all.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Oh okay where is that download? Thank you! I really need to have that one too! Thanks!
    Oh I found it Thanks! This will be good!
    • Marked as answer by Angelsims3 Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:34 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:28 AM

All replies

• Okay I have OneCare free with my qwest internet server, and I need this one my computer for I need it I would like to be a beta tester to make the full OneCare Applications to work on Windos 7! Where do I go for this and how can I make this work on Windows 7 as I am testing Windows 7 from the Beta to now the Windows 7 RC. Thank you! Please help! I can not pay for another virus application for they do not give it free in Windows 7 Thaks!

Bumping
    Monday, August 10, 2009 10:42 PM
    -steve
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:07 AM
    -steve
    Oh okay where is that download? Thank you! I really need to have that one too! Thanks!
    Oh I found it Thanks! This will be good!
    • Marked as answer by Angelsims3 Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:34 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:28 AM