Billed Hours vs Actual Hours RRS feed

• Question

• My customer (a services company) stumped me with the following question:  They are deploying P2010

How do we use timesheets to capture non-billable hours.  Lets say for example Joe billed 100 hours to create Document A, but he actually worked 120 hours.   can we distinguish those on a task by task basis??

Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:13 PM

Answers

• Hi JohnBGood,

The Timesheet feature of Project Server 2010 allows for both billable and non-billable time tracking.

• In Project Web App, go to Server Settings -> Timesheet Settings and Defaults
    • Make sure the option 'The timesheet will use standard Overtime and Non-Billable time tracking' is selected and save the settings

On the timesheet, the user can now select the option 'Non-Billable' on the ribbon. This will display the Actual Non-Billable row for each task, in which they can enter non-billable time.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:25 PM

All replies

• Hi JohnBGood,

The Timesheet feature of Project Server 2010 allows for both billable and non-billable time tracking.

• In Project Web App, go to Server Settings -> Timesheet Settings and Defaults
    • Make sure the option 'The timesheet will use standard Overtime and Non-Billable time tracking' is selected and save the settings

On the timesheet, the user can now select the option 'Non-Billable' on the ribbon. This will display the Actual Non-Billable row for each task, in which they can enter non-billable time.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:25 PM
  • Great!!!...

Just to confirm... I can enter billlable and non- billable time on at task by task basis per resource - YES??

Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:57 PM
  • Yes!
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:10 PM