WHS 2011 Error 80004005 Update 1 RRS feed

• Question

• I had to restore my system from a backup for WHS 2011 and all works well, although I get the Error 80004005 message every day stating; "A problem prevented Customer Experience Improvement Program data from being sent to Microsoft, (Error 80004005)".  My system has been working well for a couple of weeks, but I get the message shown above. 

I even reinstalled the system from scratch and made a backup with all updates 120+ before starting the setup.  Again everything works well accept I get the error message above daily after the 2nd day.  Would like to get this resolved even though it is not negatively impacting my server functions.

If Microsoft would like to access my server, send me an email and I will give the specifics to do so.

The Night Owl

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:36 PM

Answers

• This error means that the uploading process of the CEIP data from your WHS to the Microsoft servers has failed. Maybe a firewall issue?

As there wont be another WHS it is safe to assume that Microsoft no longer needs your CEIP data. Simply disable the CEIP tasks (Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Customer Experience Improvement Program)

Luc.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:29 AM
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 12:10 PM