Reference Methods Exposed in Web Service RRS feed

• Question

• I have a web service developed in C# that uses a class library containing strongly typed datasets.  When a client application has references to the web service and the dataset class library, all the properties and methods of the dataset class library are exposed by the web service as well as through the reference to the dataset class library.

This causes "an ambiguous reference" error between the web service and the dataset class library.

Does a web service expose all of the properties and methods of all assemblies it references?  And, it there any way to prevent this?

Thanks,
    Tom

TomBean

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 8:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss:

Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

If this issue is related to Web Services, I suggest you post this issue to WCF, ASMX and other Web Services forum for dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, August 9, 2013 5:06 AM