change subscription and hub to another live id RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

i can not login to the following which are locked out -  jt05300@hotmail.com and partners.microsoft@jrt2.net

one care can not continue ...

jt05300@hotmail.com is where the subscription is at

partners.microsoft@jrt2.net is used for my microsoft partners and action pack

onecare does not update and the renew button will not work

i can not use the windows internet explorer if they are not working.

i tried to use "Forgot your password?" on both of them and can not get reset inforation

live id, jt05300@hotmail.com will not let me set information about location, state and my dog's name ... i then try to send info to the alternate-email and do not know what is is.

live id, partners.microsoft@jrt2.net does not send reset instructions to the email address.

microsoft@jrt2.net needs to become my primary for the onecare subscription and hub, then move my microsoft partners and action pack also

can you help me?

jesse

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• As far as I know you cannot change your LiveID for your subscription. I could be wrong, though.

However, you will need to contact support for help with the reset if the secret questions aren't working and if the alternate email wasn't configured (meaning it is  sending the reset request to the address you can't access!).

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4173072&SiteID=2

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

-steve

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 3:33 PM
  • Hello Steve,

Received an email from onecare and they are saying that it is a hotmail issue.

Now hotmail is saying that it is a onecare problem.

Onecare can not sign in to hotmail ....

onecare uses that logon to renew and update ...
    without that onecare can not check the status of
    the hub and updates.

I need Hotmail to also login to Microsoft for my business.

So i need someone to help me, CAN YOU HELP?

If no one can not help, then I need to contact Microsoft partners
    and have them to escalate this problem to a higher department ...

Because neither onecare or hotmail will not talk to each other to
    fix the problem instead of passing the responsibly to each other.

I have requested a phone session with onecare because of my subscription
    to onecare and all I get is email's ...

Microsoft partners have told me that is one of the options because of my
    subscription.

I am loosing business because someone does not want to fix the problem.

jesse

Sunday, November 30, 2008 5:16 AM
  • My previous reply included instructions on how to reach me via email and I'll hook you up with support to get your LiveID reset.

OneCare does not "sign in" to Hotmail, though OneCare and Hotmail share the LiveID system - formerly Passport. If you attempted to cancel a LiveID or change your Hotmail LiveID, your OneCare LiveID is still valid and needs to be reset. You cannot cancel a LiveID that has a paid subscription service, like OneCare attached to it, though you can cease using it as a Hotmail account.

-steve

Sunday, November 30, 2008 9:26 PM