I need to see all the employees in one place RRS feed

• Question

• I read that all the sub-accounts' activities roll up to the main account.

What about the contacts?

How can one have contacts at different sites/locations AND show up under the main account?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:51 PM

Answers

•  Danny Varghese wrote:

Hello,

One possible solution is to create an advanced find, where the "query" would be to get all contacts where it's parent account's parent account is the "main account"..I hope that makes sense =).  You can then create a custom .aspx page that you can call within that account form, build the advanced find query parameters dynamically using JavaScript and send the parameters to this page as a url (this is because the advanced find page itself has a url, and you can build your own url with different parameters). Once you send the url, the page can load up the advanced find page. 

I hope I explained that clearly =)

This would be pretty close except that you would lack "grand children" and further out generations.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:36 PM
  • You can create a custom aspx page with two recursive methods that bind the results to a tree view control. You can also set the different images for each node type and a navigation url so the record is open when the user clicks on it.

• Proposed as answer by LachlanF Friday, February 6, 2009 1:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Tuesday, May 12, 2009 3:17 PM
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 3:32 AM

All replies

• Hello,

One possible solution is to create an advanced find, where the "query" would be to get all contacts where it's parent account's parent account is the "main account"..I hope that makes sense =).  You can then create a custom .aspx page that you can call within that account form, build the advanced find query parameters dynamically using JavaScript and send the parameters to this page as a url (this is because the advanced find page itself has a url, and you can build your own url with different parameters). Once you send the url, the page can load up the advanced find page. 

Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:48 AM
  •  

Dear,

you can write custom application and show all thats in one page and link with accounts.

Regards,

Imran

Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:34 AM
  •  Danny Varghese wrote:

Hello,

This would be pretty close except that you would lack "grand children" and further out generations.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:36 PM
  • You can create a custom aspx page with two recursive methods that bind the results to a tree view control. You can also set the different images for each node type and a navigation url so the record is open when the user clicks on it.

• Proposed as answer by LachlanF Friday, February 6, 2009 1:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Tuesday, May 12, 2009 3:17 PM
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 3:32 AM