XML Generator RRS feed

• Question

• Looking for a friendly reliable, XML generator tool, based on a given XSD file. Preferably as built-in Microsoft feature or a recommended Freeware. If possible a tool that also supports importing a given IMAGE into a String base64 XML field.

To clarify, "given" means provided in a file in standard format to import from.

More Details

The need from the tool, is to provide the user with some simple graphic interface (GUI), to enter values for the fields of the XML, and to import the XSD (and as possible also an Image for the String base 64 file). Upon user, request , the tool will generate the XML based on the entered values, the XSD definition, and Image respectively. The XML result could be saved to a file in standard XML format.

Thank u.

• Moved by Weiwei Cai Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:45 AM not VS IDE issue
    • Moved by Dave PatrickMVP Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:17 AM sorry but there are no forums for this request
    Monday, January 18, 2016 12:42 PM

Answers

• Hi moital,

Since this forum is not appropriate for your problem and I don't find a forum is supported for this problem. I help you move this thread to Where is the Forum for. If there has any other communities who are familiar with this problem, they will provide some guidance. Hope that can help you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Marked as answer by moital Monday, February 1, 2016 10:55 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:45 AM
  • Sorry to report no free relevant tool was found, except InfoPath which is close to what's needed.
    • Marked as answer by moital Monday, February 1, 2016 10:56 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2016 10:56 AM

All replies

• Hi moital,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

The XML Schema Definition Tool is a build-in Microsoft feature tools for generating XML doucument for XSD file. But it doesn't have graphic interface, it is run with command line. More information about XML Schema Definition Tool, please refer to following link.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x6c1kb0s(v=vs.110).aspx

If you want a tool with graphic interface, please try with DocFlex/XML - XSDDoc - XML Schema Documentation Generator, which is a free tool. But it is not a Microsoft product. And I also don't use it before. The usage information, please refer to:

http://www.filigris.com/docflex-xml/xsddoc/

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:02 AM
  • Thank u for your reply.

The xsddoc seems to provide means to document XML definition, rather than data entry into an XML which is what i'm looking for. Nevertheless it is good to be aware of the xsddoc tool.

Would u be so kind as to refer me to the correct msdn forum where i should place my question ?

• Edited by moital Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:12 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:06 AM
  • Hi moital,

Since this forum is not appropriate for your problem and I don't find a forum is supported for this problem. I help you move this thread to Where is the Forum for. If there has any other communities who are familiar with this problem, they will provide some guidance. Hope that can help you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Marked as answer by moital Monday, February 1, 2016 10:55 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:45 AM
  • Sorry to report no free relevant tool was found, except InfoPath which is close to what's needed.
    • Marked as answer by moital Monday, February 1, 2016 10:56 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2016 10:56 AM