Is this possible in CRM... RRS feed

• Question

• My employer wants to know if the following is possible with CRM 2011. We need CRM to import information from a database, and if a specific field is present, let's say Yes is selected, then an email is sent to the email address corresponding to the Yes answer. This would be done on a weekly basis and would need to be automated.
    • Edited by nasyrax Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:11 PM
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:06 PM

All replies

• normally this can be done using a workflow (triggered on the create/update of your record)

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:11 PM
  • Hello,

It's depending the number of email and the type of your email.

I recommanded a partner solution like ClickDimension to manage your mail process (Other partner proposed mail solutions)

Regards,

Ju_li3n

Blog: crmandme.blogspot.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ju_li3n "Working hard for something we don't care is called STRESS. Working hard for something we love is called PASSION"

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:31 PM
  • I'm messing with using a workflow, but the problem, which I may just not know the correct way to do it, is populating the "To:' field using the email address in the database, which will likely not be in the database. Which leads me to a secondary question, when I am importing a database that contains information that I would also like to be in the Contacts, can that be done in one step?

UPDATE

Here is a little more info. What needs to happen is that our system will update a database and let us know when a employer is late uploading the needed information to us, first at 3 days late and again at 5 days late. Our system, at least in theory, will input a value in the 3 days late field that would trigger the email to send from CRM to the email specified in the database, and then if a value is added to the 5 days late field, it would send another email. I would think this would need to be 2 separate workflows, one for 3 days and one for 5 days. We aren't able to link our system to the CRM, so the data will likely be from a csv file.

• Edited by nasyrax Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:10 PM
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:01 PM
  • Anymore input?
    Friday, July 18, 2014 1:16 PM
  • normally this can be done using a workflow (triggered on the create/update of your record)

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Anymore advice based on my update
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 5:56 PM