Scheduling a report and notifying users in MS CRM 2015 Online RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Is there any way I can schedule an existing report in MS CRM 2015 Online and email the report result to CRM users in an automated way?

I did not find any end point to access the reports. Many blogs and articles say it is not possible at all. But there is a 3rd party vendor [URL is http://www.iotap.com/add-ons/microsoft-dynamics-crm/report_scheduler_ms_dynamics_crm] for this. I wanted to achieve the same on my own. It is okay with an unsupported way too.

Please advise.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

There is no way of doing that for CRM Online. So the only way - develop it using VS and SDK for CRM. I'm afraid that's the only way.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:51 AM
  • Thanks you for your response Andrii. But SDK doesn't help me much to run a report using .NET code. If you can let me know about any sample code or the request name for the Execute message that I need to call from my Organization service, it would be great!

Also, is there any way I can access the report server URL for Online instance by any chance [say by seeking MS]??

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:25 PM
  • As you and I already mentioned - there is no supported way to render Reporting Services report in CRM. You can try luck with MS but I'm pretty sure that they will answer that you would not have possibility to do it.

You mentioned IOTAP extension and that's why I pointed to SDK. They developed their extension without usage of Reporting Services. They render email body using custom workflow activity (I believe so) using SDK for CRM.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:42 PM
  • No, you can't directly access the report server with CRM Online.  That's why CRM Online is limited to using FetchXML queries when building reports.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:43 PM
  • Thank you Adrii
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:44 AM
  • Thank you Wayne!
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:45 AM
  • Thank you Adrii

My name is Andrii.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Thursday, July 30, 2015 10:26 AM
  • Oops, sorry that I missed a "n"! Thank you Andrii :-)
    Friday, August 14, 2015 9:59 AM