Event 17972: Query Execution Time RRS feed

• Question

• Every day around the same time I have the following events logged for CRM 2011:

Event ID: 17972
    Source: MSCRMPlatform
    Query execution time of x seconds exceeded the threshold of 10 seconds.

I get this for the two queries 'exec p_ReindexAll1,600' and 'exec p_ShrinkMirroredDatabase crm_MSCRM'

Interestingly, this is an installation with no data at all so there shouldn't really be anything to reindex and I don't even want to think how long this would take with a lot of data. Also I am not sure where the mirrored database is coming from as I did not setup anything like that.

How can I get this fixed as it will just get worse once there is actual data in the system?

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:56 PM

Answers

• You can't "fix" it, because it isn't broken.

The queries you list are maintenance jobs run by the CRM Asynchronous Maintenance Service - they exist to help you maintain your CRM DB for optimum performance.

You can disable them by stopping the CRM Asynchronous Maintenance Service, but this is unsupported and not recommended.

Regarding the ReindexAll - I don't know what it does (nor do I care as we run our own custom developed Index Maintenance routines), but if it truly does reindex ALL indexes in the database, it is going to take some time regardless of the quantity of data in the DB or the frequency/quantity of updates.

More important for these queries is that they be run "out of business hours".  You can reschedule the Maintenance Jobs to run at a more convenient time using the Maintenance Job Editor:

http://crmjobeditor.codeplex.com/

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by hfaun Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:52 AM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:34 AM

All replies

• You can't "fix" it, because it isn't broken.

The queries you list are maintenance jobs run by the CRM Asynchronous Maintenance Service - they exist to help you maintain your CRM DB for optimum performance.

You can disable them by stopping the CRM Asynchronous Maintenance Service, but this is unsupported and not recommended.

Regarding the ReindexAll - I don't know what it does (nor do I care as we run our own custom developed Index Maintenance routines), but if it truly does reindex ALL indexes in the database, it is going to take some time regardless of the quantity of data in the DB or the frequency/quantity of updates.

More important for these queries is that they be run "out of business hours".  You can reschedule the Maintenance Jobs to run at a more convenient time using the Maintenance Job Editor:

http://crmjobeditor.codeplex.com/

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by hfaun Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:52 AM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:34 AM
  • Thanks pogo69. I realize I should have written 'improve' rather than fix as my concern is that it will take much longer once the system has data. Sitll I am not sure where this mirrored databasse is coming from. Anyways, I will check to make sure this runs off hours. Thanks for that tip.
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:52 AM