How do I pause an Ad? I only see the delete option... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a campaign where I was split testing three ads.  One of them had a very low CTR so I wanted to shut it off.  The only option I saw was to delete the ad, but that that also deleted the data associated with that ad.  Isn't there a way to pause it?  If there is not there should be.  Smile
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:49 AM

All replies

• you only have the possibility to suspend a campaign or a group ad but not an ad.

pierre

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 8:33 PM
  • So what is the process to request an enhancement to AdCenter?   Being able to pause ads in a campaign is something we need to be able to do split ad comparisons.  You want to have the ability to have the history of your ads so you can see what changes bring you better CTR's.

Thanks,

Smile dave

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:49 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Posting here is a good start for feature requests.  The Community Team monitors this forum and takes customer feedback to the larger adCenter team. I'll make sure your request gets to the development team.

In the meantime, you could pause the ad group for the ad you want to pause, create a duplicate ad group with the ad text you want to try, then compare results. You'd keep the history of the first ad group / ad since it's paused as opposed to deleted.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Carolyn

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:26 PM
  • Thanks Carolyn,

ah, yeah that would work.  I had thought about exporting it to Excel and then keeping the changes and data there, but since this was the first one I wanted to pause I just decided to delete it.  Then realized that being able to pause an ad, especially when you are making minor verbiage tweaks and just want to compare results is something I have used in the past on one of the other search engines and maybe there was a way and I was just to dumb to find it.  Smile 

Glad to hear ya'll read the board, so I will toss up my rant, raves and ideas here.

Smile dave.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:30 AM