Individual Folders on my HDD that stop Meshing with the Live Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I keep having this issue with the Mesh where a folder on my local HDD stops synchonizing with the Live Desktop.  It only happens with one folder (I have many) and it seems to happen randomly.   I can see the files that other people have added to the Live Desktop up in the cloud but they don't sink to my local directory and visa versa with anything I have locally not synching to the cloud and other peoples machines.  This has happend to me and a number of other people I know several times and it seems the only fix is to set up a new Mesh Directory, invite everyone to it and move all the files over.  This can be very disruptive if there are a lot of files in the directory and/or there are a number of people that use that directory.  Again it seems to happen randomly.  I haven't moved the directory or changed any of the settings. 

Is there a procedure for reconnecting the local Mesh directory with the Live Desktop when it becomes disconnected?

Thanks....D
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 12:32 PM

Answers

• Typically, when sync stops working and there is no specific cause, the solution is to reinstall the Live Mesh client on the PC if a reboot and login does not resolve it.
    In the worst case, also remove the machine from the Mesh at www.mesh.com and then reinstall.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 15, 2010 5:19 PM