WHY ME TOO? RRS feed

• Question

• Earlier today I posted a new thread advising that if you follow the posted KB 921914 you will hit a dead-end after going to settings and then add & remove. YOU WILL NOT get any version number no matter what you do!!

I would suggest you actually try this as you may learn something instead of just deleting the post.

ARE you OR NOT THERE to help with the mess that M* caused???

I will say that it takes a giant to admit a mistake and thanks to many people M* is actually starting to listen!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:10 AM

Answers

• KB892130 is not designed to be removed. This is WGA Validation, different from WGA Notifications.

-Phil Liu

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:45 AM

All replies

• Patrickone,

I just tried it and it works, so I'm not sure what you're refering to.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921914/en-us

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:19 AM
  • Thanks DAN.

I will go into detail or at least try to.I have on my computer in add & remove a item with label of genuine advantage tool which was put on about AUGUST 10th of 2005.I think it was download KB892130 as shown in my history. When you click on it to uninstall it will do nothing but take you to the page about what a great thing it is.

Not to confuse you but the latest updates I got off my computer right away soon as I saw what was happening by using a program that rejected them instantly. But I would like to get that earlier one off too because I decide what I want on my computer. I have honest software and never had any problems with nags or anything else. AND I WANT TO KEEP IT THAT WAY!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:40 AM
  • KB892130 is not designed to be removed. This is WGA Validation, different from WGA Notifications.

-Phil Liu

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:45 AM
  • Thank you PHIL.

After doing further research I do not see where I ever agreed to download or even ask for it! Further I find where it is a mandatary and so I am even further upset by that. In other words M* sneaked that one in too and PLEASE NO more spin on how M* thinks it is good for me.

And while I usually don't listen to rumors I have to insist on a different product than M* because I will never trust them again or even have reason to. The rumors that M* will require more and more in the future to get updates (per BUD and other writers) seems just to be the tip of the iceburg!

In short-I OWN MY COMPUTER AND M* DOESN"T OWN ME NOR EVER WILL!!

M* was once a fair product but never again!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:19 PM
  • KB905474 is optional at this time.

KB892130 was made mandatory recently (please check press pass articles).

Thanks!

-phil liu

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:25 PM
  • I understand where your coming from, I had to go out and buy 18 genuine Windows XP CD's in the store, Store bought is the worst.

Because I have a hobby of testing parts, I never should of bought  Microsoft. The CPU comes out, Hard drive comes out, the Optical Drive comes out, and RAM Chips can be replaced.

When you buy a computer they never warn you about this, Microsoft is devilish.

In the store they never tell you how much fun you can have testing parts, only to fail activation.

As with any repair, its not fixed until the solution appears, they can repeat everything  you tried, the list thing of things to try can be long or short, you may never fix it, what better way to waste your money, hey fills there pockets.

They see me coming, hey there he is they say buy more.

Do you think Microsoft really cares I have so many problems.

There no different than the problem I had with General Motors and the car I drive, its over 110 F out here. I bought this car in 2000, the dealer never fixed the air conditioning, they fixed what they want to. They use the excuse freon is disappearing through the hoses, or the seal is bad, because major repair would be to expensive for them, they only spend an hour on it, because they know, never call me when there done. Watch what happens when its out of warranty, they know what is wrong now.

Watchout for the games Microsoft worker play or malfuntions, they prefer malfunctions, sure there could be, its too much fun.

They send me openings to Beta programs to test - one week after it closed or later. Windows Updates Malfunction on me, tells me to download something, only to be rejected. Try to turn them off, it warns hey this is critical update.

I could list many pranks Microsoft workers play on me, what good would it do, they know its a monopoly,  they know you have to come back.

Try to get help on the phone, there helpful, maybe. Try to validate it after testing, you get a warning about being used to many times, get another one it writes.

That is right! Microsoft is devilish, the harder it is to be honest, the worse it is.

Microsoft thinks their the biggest victim.

Watch I will disappear for speaking out on my problems. Microsoft is about money, the road to riches is praved with gold.

Saturday, July 1, 2006 10:43 PM