Technical support understaning English or they just don't care to help RRS feed

• Question

•  

Has anyone contacted technical support and aksed specific questions and they just send you back a url that you already were at and they don't answer questions- What is the point of buying their service if they can't supply tehcnical support and answer questions - they even evade questions and ignore by saying I think you are asking................ - then they don't answer what you already asked And then this is cute - they say leave feedback and this is the only place to leave feedback - well i guess it is better to do this here then to leave feedback where they won't bother to read it

Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:13 PM

Answers

• Yes, I've contacted technical support for other computer related issues (not OneCare related) and received a response that wasn't to my satisfaction. I've usually resolved the problem through other means such as a user forum.   I don't think it's a matter of Tech Support not understanding  English or not caring about helping others.  They are just overwhelmed with tech support inquiries.  This is why user forums like this have been set-up.

What issue are you experiencing with OneCare that cannot resolve? 

-Jennifer

Saturday, March 29, 2008 4:14 PM

All replies

• Yes, I've contacted technical support for other computer related issues (not OneCare related) and received a response that wasn't to my satisfaction. I've usually resolved the problem through other means such as a user forum.   I don't think it's a matter of Tech Support not understanding  English or not caring about helping others.  They are just overwhelmed with tech support inquiries.  This is why user forums like this have been set-up.

What issue are you experiencing with OneCare that cannot resolve? 

-Jennifer

Saturday, March 29, 2008 4:14 PM
  • Yes, I've contact support for OneCare and many other products. Yes, the responses can be frustrating, but I have also been in their shoes. The way it works is that you send your request and they attempt to diagnose what you are describing the problem to be. They provide the best solution available from their knowledgebase. If that doesn't work, you respond back and they offer another suggestion. And so on...

In some cases, the tech may not have understood the question or situation - either because incomplete information was provided by the customer or because it is an unusual question or problem. And, yes, sometimes it could be due to language issues. When that happens, you need to respond back and ask for the problem to be escalated to another level.

-steve

Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:12 PM