Responding to mysecret's post about Antivirus 2008 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I havent been effected by this but the IP address he posted looked familiar.   This was an IP address that was blocked by my spyware detector.   The Company with this IP address is known as Billinghlp.com and is a complete ripoff and they scam people big time.  They are connected to directfileaccess.com who offer downloads which in fact are fictitious.  They offer a lifetime subscription for a small fee but fail to point out in the small print that in fact its only for 3 days.  After 3 days they take a substantially higher amount through the card you've just told them about and then they take the money every month.     If you try to contact them by e-mail or phone you never get a response.   Do a Google to see what I'm talking about.  This is a worldwide scam.   If you've ever bought anything from or subscribed through these people please, please check your Bank and credit card statements very carefully.  I have had 4 amounts taken from my Bank totalling £100 for stuff I never bought or subscribed to and thank God I checked my Bank statements yesterday as this would have been going on for ever more no doubt.   They are not huge amounts of money they take, round about £30, either in Euros, US Dollars, Australian Dollars etc. so not immediately noticeable going out of your account, but please be wary when on the Internet folks.  We all like to download a movie or two and a cheap offer is very enticing, but think twice and then again before handing over your card details.   Be safe

Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:26 PM