none
Full system restore can't find WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all I am having a small problem with one of my HP laptops, when I want to do a full restore and put in the restore cd the laptop boots fine goes threw all of its loading of drivers from the cd and then load the con, so that you can start the restore when it ask to find the WHS I tell it ok and then after a short time it tells me it can not find the WHS. I tell it to try to find the ip address and type in the known ip address of the server but it still tells me that is can not find it, ok lets try the server name looks and nope no good.

It is only this one computer that has this issue all my other systems work fine even one other hp laptop works fine the laptop is running windows vista home prim.

can anyone help me out here before I really need to do a restore on this laptop.

Thanks

Mark
    Mark
    Monday, March 9, 2009 5:07 PM

All replies

• Can you try extracting the drivers that Windows Home Server saves as part of every backup and putting them on a USB thumb drive, then supplying that at the appropriate time? You can use another computer that's joined to your server for this, and instructions are found in the help files.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 9, 2009 5:34 PM