Is there any way post custom entity creation to enable defined as activity entity? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• not possible after the entity is created

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Proposed as answer by Guido PreiteMVP Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by PSImonSays Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:32 PM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:54 PM
  • Aw! Even through XML? How about any work around to get it to show up as activity under the Case it's tied to? I guess the only other thing I was thinking is to automatically send the user a link once a workflow completes notifying them where to go. This is a custom entity that was built before me and has so much tied to it to re-do the form would be a ton of work just to get it to show in the activity feeds again. :(
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:58 PM
  • not possible because an entity created as activity add automatically relationships with other entities, the primary field names are different so it's not possible to convert a non-activity entity to an activity one.

You can create a new activity entity called Tax Activity (for example) and create a record of this activity based on your requirements and linked both to the tax Entity and the Case entity.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:07 PM
  • Is there perhaps another way to get the activity to show in the activity feed of the related Case? I imagine only activities can be placed there but can I change the view maybe so that this entity shows up as well on the related cases?

Grasping at straws at this point. To creat the entity over would kill the lengthy workflows and custom work done with this unfortunately and would have to be all built from ground up.

Thanks for the replies!

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:11 PM