Simple GPS Application Example in VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All. Please let me know if this is the right forum this should be posted too.

I've searched high and low. I'm more confused now then when I started my search. I'm looking for a very simple application example in VS2010 to work with my GPS. I know it's out there.

Details:

-Working in Visual Studio 2010

- Looking for a sample project that incudes the proper libraries, definitions and VB code behind the form

I know I need to first read the data from my com port, then parse the NMEA data and have that data dispayed in my form.

Any links, pointers or files will be greatly appreciated. Again, If this is not the right place to post this, please point me where I can post.

Thanks All!!

Dr.Bones- " If my application is too hard for a 5th grader to run, I've made too complicated"
    • Moved by OmegaMan Friday, June 24, 2011 3:44 PM (From:Regular Expressions)
    Friday, June 24, 2011 12:23 PM

Answers

• Did you see this:

Mapping with a GPS and C#

As a side note, this is NOT the right forum for this question.

John Grove, MCC - Senior Software Engineer
    Friday, June 24, 2011 3:17 PM
  • What is your target platform? It is hard to tell from merely a word "Visual Studio". PC usually do not ship with GPS, and I don't think adding GPS makes sense for desktop computers. 

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, June 24, 2011 5:39 PM

All replies

• Did you see this:

Mapping with a GPS and C#

As a side note, this is NOT the right forum for this question.

John Grove, MCC - Senior Software Engineer
    Friday, June 24, 2011 3:17 PM
  • What is your target platform? It is hard to tell from merely a word "Visual Studio". PC usually do not ship with GPS, and I don't think adding GPS makes sense for desktop computers. 

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, June 24, 2011 5:39 PM