none
Bug: monospaced font for code block RRS feed

• General discussion

• All code added to posts should be formatted with a mono-spaced font. It drives me crazy that whenever I post some well formatted and readable SQL it always displays in some large variable width font.

I haven't tried all the languages in the code editor window so this might just be a bug with the SQL formatting. Code editor preview pane is mono-spaced, it just isn't once you insert the code into the post.

Adam Tappis. (MCSD VB6 & .NET, MCDBA SQL 2000)
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:32 PM

All replies

• I thought at first that this was a stylesheet issue because all HTML tags get reset (including PRE) in the the main sheet at http://i2.social.microsoft.com/Forums/GlobalResources/styles/MasterPage.css?cver=2.6.0022.1

But... It may be a browser/system issue.

On my personal laptop, the code blocks come through correctly as Courier New.

But on a computer at a client site, the code blocks come through as Arial (or some kind of Arial-like proportional font).

Both computers are using IE8 (specifically 8.0.6001.18702).

There must be some kind of setting somewhere that's affecting this, but I don't know what.  I checked the Tools -> Internet Options -> General -> Fonts on both
    machines, and they both have "Courier New" set for "Plain Text Font".  In Tools -> Internet Options -> General -> Accessibility all checkboxes are unchecked.

--Brad

--Brad (My Blog)
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:47 PM