Sendkeys.Sendwait erratic with IE7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am developing an application that connects to a serial device, filters the captured data using a regular expression, and then sends the data to an application.  The destination of this data is IE7.  I was using Sendkeys.SendWait() and it was working perfectly with everything else (IE6, firefox, notepad, etc.).  However, as soon as I tried the application with IE7, the data would get (corrupted?) all jumbled up.  I would filter something like 72.2, but what got inserted into the IE7 text box field would be something like 72..2.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? A work around or an alternative function?

Thank you
    • Moved by jack 321 Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:50 AM off topic (Moved from Visual C# General to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Monday, September 22, 2008 12:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Anyone?
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:10 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately there is not a current forum to post the question you are asking so I would recommend

that you post you question to one of the MS Discussions in Internet Explorer 6 General

located here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser&lang=en&cr=US

Hope that helps!

Shrikant Maske Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by Shrikant Maske Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Shrikant Maske Monday, March 23, 2009 11:16 AM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:36 PM
  • That response is completely unexceptable.  I expect that there are a lot of people in QA who require the sendkeys functionality.  If microsoft has a solution for this, then please point us at it (as I know Microsoft does have UI automation for IE7).

As an employee of Microsoft you are automatically a spokesperson for the company, and have access to resources which others do not.  Please post a response which will help, or at the very least send an e-mail to someone on the IE team.

Nikody S Keating
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 12:46 AM