how to follow testing techniques in mscrm 4.0?Tools available for testing crm applications? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

how to follow  testing  techniques in mscrm 4.0?

Also need to know Tools available for testing crm applications?

Natarajan.V
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 5:04 AM

Answers

• Testing is a very broad topic. What area in CRM would you like to test? Plug-in, workflows, custom code, reports, integration, security, functionality, user testing?   Each one can have multiple ways of testing.  

For anything to do with development, I thing unit testing will be needed and then user testing?  There might be tools out there mimic the user actions to help you testing. But all of the projects that I worked on, developers test first, then the QA guys, then some users test it before we deploy to production.

For CRM functionality testing, have some users run through some test scenarios will be the way to test.

Regards Faisal
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 2:26 PM

All replies

• Testing is a very broad topic. What area in CRM would you like to test? Plug-in, workflows, custom code, reports, integration, security, functionality, user testing?   Each one can have multiple ways of testing.  

For anything to do with development, I thing unit testing will be needed and then user testing?  There might be tools out there mimic the user actions to help you testing. But all of the projects that I worked on, developers test first, then the QA guys, then some users test it before we deploy to production.

For CRM functionality testing, have some users run through some test scenarios will be the way to test.

Regards Faisal
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 2:26 PM
  • We use Telerik WebUI Testing for aspx testing, for plugins you can try http://stateracrm.blogspot.com/2008/07/tdding-crm-40-plugin.html
    Kids don't try this at home!
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:49 PM