none
Missing achievements? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I see from the Profile FAQ that the Gold medal for the Forum Answerer IV achievement is awarded when you have answered 500 questions:

Forums Answerer IV Provided multiple answers to questions in Forums. Gold      
          500 x Answered A Question

In my profile (of of now) it says I have 520 answers and I do not have this medal.

I'm wondering if I should have this medal or maybe the FAQ is out of date and the requirement is different or perhaps I'm misunderstanding the table in the FAQ?

Please let me know.

Thank you,

Jason

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Friday, February 22, 2013 2:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• There are a few bugs for achievements. Sometimes they are delayed. Hopefully you'll get it soon.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, February 22, 2013 4:35 PM
  • I believe some achievments are awarded by a batch process that runs periodically. Also, I believe the Answerer achievements only count threads were someone other than you marked your reply as the Answer. We have no way to check how many of our answers were self-marked.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, February 22, 2013 7:50 PM
  • I didn't realise we had the ability to mark our own replies as the answer.

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Friday, February 22, 2013 7:52 PM
  • You can as long as you started the thread.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:53 PM
  • I should have clarified. Moderators can also mark their own replies as answers, but I'm fairly sure that it only counts towards achievements if someone other than yourself marks the reply (to prevent abuse). You are correct, of course, that if you are not a moderator in the forum, you can only mark your own reply as an answer if you started the thread. Even then, I don't think it would count towards achievements.

Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:50 PM
  • Moving this to the Profile forum. I need to write this up as a bug request.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:03 AM
    Owner
  • I don't think that they applied right away after reaching the milestone. I believe there may be a delay. But you should get it soon.

My blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:30 AM
  • Forum Support :

I did reply to a thread which was confirmed as answer by the asker in the below link 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/linqtosql/thread/341ec414-9ded-4038-85d4-3a54d0f57f7b

but some how this did not count to my acheivements and also did not show up in my profile activity.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/venkat786/activity

Is this a bug or a delay ? 

thank you

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:14 PM
  • It has been an hour, so I would wait. I see other activity in your profile from the same forum. Sometimes it can take a few hours for the activity to show up.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:42 PM
  • Sometimes (in few rare cases) some answers (or helpful votes) are missing in Activity and points calculation. Recently I identified a case when a helpful vote was not shown in my activity or points. Someone replied that he didn't get 20 points for the Answer either. So, there is a chance that activity may be missing, but I think it doesn't happen often.

My blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:46 AM
  • Thank you Richard and Naomi.

Its a day now. So this is not a delay and bug as this does not show in activity or points. 

Will wait for the moderators response.

Friday, March 1, 2013 2:26 AM
  • Here is a thread on this exact topic

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/8e3a504d-62cd-4eaf-8b26-49e8e8fd2693

Looks like several users were affected.

My blog

Friday, March 1, 2013 2:34 AM
  • I am planning to wait until tomorrow.

I know there is magic that happens at the end of the month with respect to the points graph, so perhaps this is also when the medals are awarded.

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Friday, March 1, 2013 2:57 AM
  • The medal didn't show up though the graph updated to reflect the end of February and the start of March.

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Friday, March 1, 2013 1:13 PM
  • I have the same problema that Jason Warren i have more than 500 answers but i dont get this award. But that isnot too ugly like this some users checked my comments like answers but i dont get this points my profile is always the same i have more than 113 answers checked but this count dont work and my points are equals i dont know if some MVP or MCC could summit this like a bug. Help pls

Si se solucionó tu consulta no olvides marcar la respuesta. Saludos

Friday, March 1, 2013 2:59 PM
  • As far as I know, only forum owners and administrators can log bugs. The rest of us just report the problems in this forum. In this case, if you are not a moderator (where you can mark your own replies as answers) there is little doubt that you deserve the achievement because the number of answers shows in your profile. You will get the achievement, we just don't know how soon. We've seen this before, and eventually they get caught up.

Friday, March 1, 2013 3:34 PM
  • One possibility is to email your problem (with particular threads, etc.) to fissues at microsoft dot com. There is no guarantee they will be able to sort the problem out, but at least you'll send it directly to the team working on forum's problems.

My blog

Friday, March 1, 2013 4:57 PM
  • Thanks Naomi :

Does this mean forget it and move on  ?

Venkat

Posted old thread for help ..Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:14 PM

Forum Support :

I did reply to a thread which was confirmed as answer by the asker in the below link 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/linqtosql/thread/341ec414-9ded-4038-85d4-3a54d0f57f7b

but some how this did not count to my acheivements and also did not show up in my profile activity.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/venkat786/activity

Is this a bug or a delay ? 

thank you

Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:14 PM
  • You can send email to fissues, but I am quite certain that with 99% probability you will not get your lost points back, so you may forget it and move on. I estimate my total points loss due to various bugs to be about 18K.

My blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013 4:44 AM
  • Okay. I submitted a bug. This is a good case because the bug is easily proven.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:47 PM
    Owner
  • UPDATE: This is a known issue. The Profile team has two bugs tracking this issue... 1157735 and 1046362.

No ETA.

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 11:22 PM
    Owner
  • For what it's worth, my Forum Answers IV achievement has shown up. I just noticed it today.

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Friday, March 22, 2013 11:07 PM
  • I've also seen this.  In my case, it is "Forums Replies V" and possibly Thread Mover III.  Forums Replies V should have come a week or so ago as I'm now at 5512 replies.

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:12 PM