none
HPC 2016 - Excel 2013 (16) RRS feed

• Question

• Good day everyone! Ty for help wake up my litlle HPC - that work. Next I try use it for Excel.

I install tools to client PC and can select "allow hpc ...". But:

1 at all - I cant open settings - "cant start.. 'c:\..\Microsoft.Hpc.Excel.XLLConnector64.dll"

2 - no jobs at diagnostick or other windows

That work?.. 

P.S. I choose "install only the client utilities"

p.p.s dont find good guide for excel hpc(

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Kallikasa,

Good day. May I ask whether you are using HPC Pack on-premise or in Azure? Are you trying to use Excel workbook offloading (by using HPC macro framework) or UDF offloading?

And guide for HPC Pack Excel Service can be found here https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff877825(v=ws.10).aspx

Thanks,

Zihao

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:10 AM
  • 1) install on my server 2) I switch On built in Excel function "calculate with hpc"
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 9:21 PM
  • Hi Kallikasa,

Please check the folder "C:\Program Files\ServiceRegistration" to see whether there are files name "Microsoft.Hpc.Excel.XllContainer32_1.2.config" and "Microsoft.Hpc.Excel.XllContainer32_1.2.config" accordingly. If not, please copy them from foler "C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2016\ServiceRegistration" and try again.

Thanks,

Zihao

Thursday, March 9, 2017 5:38 AM
  • Unfortunately I dont have this folders nowhere(
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 8:22 AM
  • Hi Kallikasa,

This may be a known issue of HPC Pack 2016. Please open a cmd window and input "net share". Then find resource of share name "HpcServiceRegistration".

If the result is "C:\Program Files\ServiceRegistration", please do create that folder, copy the two files I just mentioned into it, and have a retry.

Thanks,

Zihao

Thursday, March 9, 2017 8:30 AM
  • No share( mb I install not right?

my account cant verify( no image for this

Thursday, March 9, 2017 11:38 AM
  • Hi Kallikasa,

The folder "ServiceRegistration" should be there on HeadNode. Are you trying to find the folder on HeadNode?

If yes, please open an admin powershell console on HeadNode and type

Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Hpc

Get-HpcClusterProperty

And find the property value of CCP_SERVICEREGISTRATION_PATH. Once you find the property value, check if the folder it points to is accessible.  If is, please do check the two files (Microsoft.Hpc.Excel.XllContainer[32|64]_1.2.config) I mentioned before.

Thanks,

Zihao

Friday, March 10, 2017 1:34 AM
  • I get what you mean. Find this share - here store services - right? But I dont have install Microsoft hpc excel xll( 

And then.. can you help with install service? Or where i can find that. Now I has only CcpEchoScv

Friday, March 10, 2017 7:50 AM
  • Hi Kallikasa,

Can you find "Microsoft.Hpc.Excel.XllContainer32_1.2.config" and "Microsoft.Hpc.Excel.XllContainer32_1.2.config" in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2016\ServiceRegistration"? If yes, please copy them to the share folder you just found.

If you see both "Microsoft.Hpc.Excel.XllContainer32" and "Microsoft.Hpc.Excel.XllContainer64" in Configuration/Services tab in HPC Pack 2016 Cluster Manager, then you have succeeded. You can run a SOA Service Loading Diagnostic Test by right click the services in that view for sure.

Thanks,

Zihao

Friday, March 10, 2017 7:57 AM
  • Yes i find that and install as you told me. And tests work - but on client PC still cant see settings. "cant load cluster connection"

• Edited by Kallikasa Friday, March 10, 2017 9:29 AM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 9:00 AM
  • Hi Kallikasa,

Which setting are you talking about? What is the way to reproduce the error you see?

Thanks,

Zihao

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:04 AM
  • https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff601845(v=ws.10).aspx  Part about "Use the Excel Cluster Connector to offload UDFs"

when I do like at 6 "To configure the Excel Cluster Connector, click Options. The Excel Cluster Connector for Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2 dialog box appears" - that doesnt work. show error "cant load cluster connection"

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Hi Kallikasa,

UDF offloading is not working in HPC Pack 2016 yet. This is a known issue. Can you try workbook offloading instead? Here is a sample workbook for workbook offloading.

Please notice that this sample code is for HPC Pack 2008 r2, so you need to remove the missing Microsoft.Hpc.Excel reference in VBA references, and then re-add Microsoft.Hpc.Excel.tlb under %CCP_HOME%/Bin to use tlb file provided by HPC Pack 2016. Sample code of HPC Pack 2016 is coming soon.

Thanks,

Zihao

Saturday, March 11, 2017 2:30 AM
  • Oh, you help me. How can i find out information about fix for 2016? where I can find last information?
    • Edited by Kallikasa Monday, March 13, 2017 5:59 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 5:59 AM
  • Hi Kallikasa,

Please consult What's New in HPC Pack 2016 and Release Notes for HPC Pack 2016.

Thanks,

Zihao

Monday, March 13, 2017 7:35 AM