control panel makes Explorer to crash. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. Im having some problems with my newly installed Vista computer. speccs AMD X2 6000+ 2048 ddr2ram Nvidea 8600Gt.

When i try to open the Control panel i get this windows explorer have stopped working and i got to restart windows explorer.
    I had this on a other computer aswell and i just reinstalled windows vista and it worked again. but i dont feel like reinstalling vista now when i have installed every single program and drivers and stuff on it. I've seen that many people have this problem but i've never seen a solution for it. so thats why im posting here.. anyone know what to do to make it work again?

also when i try to start windows security i get the message windows host process (rundll32) stopped working.

Sunday, October 7, 2007 4:45 PM

All replies

• hi again. i fixed it! i was surfing around about this problem i found out to move all .cpl files in system32 that was moveable. and put them in system32 folder again one by one and restarting  controll panel each time. and i found out that it was firebird2controll.cpl that was causing the problem
    Monday, October 8, 2007 1:45 PM
  •  

HOLY ***!!!!!!!!!!! I have had this control panel problem since the 2nd day i got pc. I looked and looked and looked and looked for  a fix and finaly i see this post THAT was it It worked thank you so much
    Monday, October 15, 2007 5:04 AM