EX470 and EX475 Discontinued RRS feed

All replies

• I would expect that HP will continue incremental updates for the EX47x series. You won't see any new features, however, other than the ability to back up a Mac.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, January 5, 2009 3:33 PM
  • I am thinking we WILL see the new features if this article by MS MVP Phillip Churchill on 12/29/08 is correct.  Check it out http://www.mediasmarthome.com/blog/entry/11218/Existing-EX470-EX475-Owners-will-get-Updated-Features/
    Monday, January 5, 2009 10:47 PM
  • To quote Philip:
    "Well it’s now official. I have word direct from HP that the Mac Backup feature, which is to be made available on the new EX485/EX487 models of the MediaSmart Server will also be available to existing EX470/EX475 owners as well.
    HP have also stated that the server online backup add-in (Amazon S3) will also be made available and although no time frame has been given we are told that both features will be available soon via the HP Software Update utility which is built into the console."
    So we will also get the Amazon add-in (which is not what the HP web site said as of a couple of days ago). We will not get the rest of the new software HP is including.
    Monday, January 5, 2009 10:51 PM
  • What if the disks from the 48X models were installed on the 47X models?

Monday, January 5, 2009 11:00 PM
  • It wouldn't boot. At least that would be my expectation. Different processor, memory, motherboard. Pretty much every driver would change.
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 2:58 AM
  • They should be retired as they are so underpowered :)
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 3:48 PM
  • It would sure be nice if HP would let us upgrade some of the hardware, i.e. memory etc.
    HBV
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 9:20 PM
  • You can upgrade the memory without warranty concerns. Damage done while upgrading the memory is specifically excluded, however.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 12:18 AM