none
ms 70-697 exam failed but now showing as passed? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Microsoft will never call you for any reason, you need to pay attention to the sender, make sure this is a Microsoft official email.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 4, 2017 2:03 AM
  • "We understand that you need clarification regarding the exam 70-697.

According to the Engineering team, there was a system issue that occurred with last week’s production release and this happened during our transition to real time integration. The system accidentally changed the status to passed last week for candidates who had previously taken and failed exam 697. Consequently this triggered changes in their transcript as well as sent notification that a badge had been earned and could be claimed. However, this has been corrected immediately.

With regard to your score inquiry, exams are scaled such that the passing score is 700. Therefore, any score of 700 or greater is a "PASS". Scores and the number of items that you need to answer in order to pass is determined by a group of Subject Matter Experts.

I hope I was able to provide clarification to your inquiry.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused."

Friday, December 15, 2017 4:31 PM

All replies

• Three things.. 

1. Don't complain about things that work out in your favor.. 

2. Do you know what MCSE Stands for? Must Call Someone Else.. 

3. Unless a company mandates the Certifications, don't bother.. 

Typically they cost you money, and you get absolutely nothing out of it, outside of higher expectations and lower pay.. 

Been in the game 15+ years.. 

Rob

Friday, December 1, 2017 6:54 PM
  • I just got the same email. I took the exam 11/29 and scored 687 - a failing score. 
    I received an email from mswwprog@microsoft.com.
    The email congratulated me on passing (though my physical papers say otherwise). I then received a separate email presenting my 'earned badge'.

I've contacted support to see what's happening. I'm not sure when but they'll get back to me.

Odd. 

Friday, December 1, 2017 8:00 PM
  • Hi,

Microsoft will never call you for any reason, you need to pay attention to the sender, make sure this is a Microsoft official email.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 4, 2017 2:03 AM
  • Same thing happened to me recently, I even went to the Microsoft site and logged and it showed next to the 697 test a badge declaring that I passed.  The next day I logged in and it showed where the badge was a gray block and when I clicked on it, I was prompted to register for the test.

Contacted MS technical support and spoke to Rajana who then said that she would escalate the ticket to their advanced technical support team.  I provided her a screenshot of the badge declaration because she did not believe my claim and she dialed in and saw  the office Microsoft site under my benefits and it showed the badge under my name indicating passed. 

Then (after continued questioning) that many test takers were getting the same "badge passed" notification, not only in the 697 test but other advanced tests as well and that Microsoft is investigating.

I told her that now I look like an idiot to my employer because I showed them my badge passed notification.

I wish that our company could switch to Linux or Apple.

Microsoft does not realize the impact this has on users who have to report to their employers.  The MS tech, Rajana seemed clueless.

Chuck Sierra

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 4:20 PM
  • I got an email from Microsoft via Acclaim this morning. My badge has been revoked. I checked my learning dashboard - same story. The exam showed as passed previously is now gone. I'm confused as to whether Microsoft has curved the test or if they accidentally passed my exam. Anyone else have any update on this?
    Sunday, December 10, 2017 1:23 AM
  • "We understand that you need clarification regarding the exam 70-697.

According to the Engineering team, there was a system issue that occurred with last week’s production release and this happened during our transition to real time integration. The system accidentally changed the status to passed last week for candidates who had previously taken and failed exam 697. Consequently this triggered changes in their transcript as well as sent notification that a badge had been earned and could be claimed. However, this has been corrected immediately.

With regard to your score inquiry, exams are scaled such that the passing score is 700. Therefore, any score of 700 or greater is a "PASS". Scores and the number of items that you need to answer in order to pass is determined by a group of Subject Matter Experts.

I hope I was able to provide clarification to your inquiry.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused."

Friday, December 15, 2017 4:31 PM