OEM Version & retail Version of Windows 7 64 SP1 what happens to the existing installed software if I change the OS key? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a music studio machine, this is for a AMD phenom II CPU on a 970 Extreme 4 six core Mobo 16Gb RAM I have an unbelievable amount of audio plugins, software, PACE anti-piracy, an assortment of dongles and a number of DAW programs, lots of configuration changes. This is all a precarious system. I've been having Windows update issues. My question is if I change my Windows OS key will this invalidate my currently installed software. I have some legacy TCElectronics Powercore purchased plugins. Which I can't re-install as TC Electronic have disabled their activation server. I don't want to do a complete re-install as it will take at least two months to get the system fully working again.
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:12 PM

Answers

• If you change the product key, nothing adverse will happen to any of your currently installed software programs.  All that will change is the product key itself and the Windows 7 license.

Carey Frisch

Friday, May 17, 2019 3:44 AM