Multiple Forward Mailboxes One CRM Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 2011 email Router installed and configured

CRM 2011 IFD

We have three CRM sites:  test; production; and development

Active Directory: multiple domains

Question:  can I have multiple forward mailboxes even though we have one CRM deployment as long as I use a different incoming configuration profile?

Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is possible by creating rule

• Mailbox Monitoring Type. You can configure the following two mailbox types:
      • Forward Mailbox. If you select Forward Mailbox when you run the E-mail Router Configuration Manager, the E-mail Router will use a single mailbox to process e-mail messages. Then, for each Microsoft Dynamics CRM user or queue that will receive e-mail messages, you must create a rule must for the user, or queue, by running the Rule Deployment Wizard.

• E-mail Router. If your e-mail system does not allow rules, where an e-mail message can be forwarded as an attachment, you must configure each user to use the E-mail Router setting. If you are using Exchange Server, we recommend that you use Forward Mailbox Monitoring.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.

• Marked as answer by -ee Friday, May 11, 2012 1:32 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by -ee Friday, May 11, 2012 1:32 PM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 9:11 AM
    Answerer
  • Surya

I understand what you said; however, I would like to create a forward mailbox within each of my domains. Our email system does allow rules and I want to put a forward mailbox in each of my domains so that one forward mailbox is not being utilized by our entire domain organization.

So with what I have said, can you create multiple forward mailboxes?

and many thanks for answering the first time

Friday, May 11, 2012 1:34 PM
  • Hi,

You can create only one forward mailbox, for each user u can create multiple rules.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.

Monday, May 14, 2012 4:32 AM
    Answerer