hiding information in picture,,,, read it RRS feed

• Question

• Sending a secret text file over the network secretly has become a tedious task . All the hackers eyes are trying to scan your files and modify them. A simple solution to send a small file secretly is to send in the form of Picture . Follow the steps !

1. Gather your image and the files you wish to hide into it. Here I have a "abc.txt" which I will hide inside my "mypics.jpg".

2. Add the files( abc.txt) you want to hide , into a new RAR archive. In the archieve name box type abc.txt and hit enter. Now your file is in format abc.txt.rar

3. Open Command Prompt and go to the folder where your files are located, for example, ‘C:\myfolder’.

4. At command prompt type copy /b mypics.jpg + abc.txt.rar finalpics.jpg .
    (mypics.jpg is the picture I want to show, abc.txt.rar is the file to be hidden, and finalpics.jpg is the file which contains both).Got It ........clear !!

5. Now double on finalpics.jpg . it still opens.

6. Now opening that same finalpics.jpg file . openwith->WinRar archiever. It will show the original hidden file abc.txt.finalpics.jpg is a simple JPEG file, but it contains a secret file abc.txt.

if someone knows stuff's like this pls share.... also share whether it works for you

Monday, November 5, 2007 4:41 PM

All replies

• already knew...........it's an old post..............any way..................it's anice trick
    Tuesday, November 6, 2007 12:09 PM
  • i am unable to create the archive for the text file with the name abc.txt.hence i am unable to hget the abc.txt.rar file......i am using a demo version of WINrar......please help me out.....
    Tuesday, November 6, 2007 2:31 PM
  •  

thnx 4 info..........
    Wednesday, November 7, 2007 6:29 AM