Anyone try using one of these USB MIMO monitors for their WHS? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I was just looking at these USB monitors. It seems like one of these small touch screen ones would be a great addition to your WHS to quickly review status and administer your WHS right at the server. I know some people keep theirs locked up out of site, but not all. Even if it were locked up, attaching it to a desktop PC to display certain settings would be cool.

Problem is that the resolution is only 800x480. I know that there is a patch to allow the console to work on a netbook size screen (1024x600) but maybe 800x480 is pushing it. Either way it would be cool to have a mod to display console items on a monitor like this.

Just a thought. I might get one anyhow for other reasons:

http://www.mimomonitors.com/
    • Changed type kariya21Moderator Wednesday, September 2, 2009 4:49 AM not a technical question
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 4:42 AM

All replies

• The problem with thise devices as with USB Video adapters is, that they will not work, if it is interesting - at Bios level, if the server crashes or does not boot.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 12:40 PM
  • I understand that, but it would be nice to have a walk-up touch screen interface for the console. I keep my server PC near my other PC equipment, so it would be of benefit. However the 800x480 resolution will not work with the console unfortunately.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:21 PM