Office XP Educational Version Validation Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Can't validate Office XP after downgrading from Office 2003.  I don't have a file named data.dat in the folder it is supposed to be in.

My info:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-PRBK6-8DWYT-JJT99
    Windows Product Key Hash: ijFpWn2zZahI4j2g0Yn987oUU+0=
    Windows Product ID: 55661-011-0675514-22167
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 75220e18-5f41-4045-9b9c-955076713237
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.18.5
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 112 License Store Error
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 63BB5E84-284-80070005_16E0B333-57-80070005_B4D0AA8B-910-80070005

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>75220e18-5f41-4045-9b9c-955076713237</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-JJT99</PKey><PID>55661-011-0675514-22167</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-527237240-926492609-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>VIA Technologies, Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>VT8601</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software International, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="2"/><Date>20020412000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID/><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>112</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>112</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>6151D1D5375D99E</Val><Hash>DIGV7uPKUxrekJBw6U2rlq91X4s=</Hash><Pid>54186-700-1161757-17129</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

I hope that this code thingy isn't telling you guys about things other Microsoft Programs running on my computer.  That WOULD be illegal, worse than if I was using pirated software.

Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:31 PM

Answers

• I got it fixed, but let me tell you, I really don't think that it was My Office installation, that was the problem.  After installing the complete package and uninstalling it 9 times I finally gave up hope and told my wife that I was done with and Microsoft was more than welcome to refund me the $285.00 that I paid for my academic version.

Anyway, enough ranting about this sorry excuse for software protection, MGA.

I renamed the following files:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\data.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\data.bak

I restarted my compter then opened one of the Office Module with the Office XP AV in one of the cd-drives then I let the activation wizard run again.

That didn't work so I got to thinking about what I installed just before I relized that there was a problem.

I then deleted the same file in the following folder (data.dat):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Office Genuine Advantage\data

I then restarted the computer, reinstalled OGA again and the validation worked perfectly.

Saturday, April 7, 2007 1:50 AM

All replies

• Unistall all your existing Microsoft Office programs, then reinstall your "genuine" version of Microsoft Office XP.
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:48 PM
  • I have been uninstalling the program for two days now, scouring these forums and finally got my Outlook working. I will try it one more time, but I don't know if will work. Will let you know what happened in a few hours!!!
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:55 PM
  • This is what I'm getting when I try to validate:

Microsoft Office XP Professional:
    Validation Incomplete

The validation process could not be completed. Necessary files may have been tampered with. The validation tool is unable to verify whether your copy of Office is genuine.

[0x80180112]
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:31 PM
  • 1. Click Start, click Run, type C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data, and then click OK.
    2. Right-click the Data.dat file, and then click Delete.

Important Do not delete the data.bak file.
    3. Close the folder.
    4. Start an Office XP program to start the Office XP Activation Wizard.
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:35 PM
  • Niether file exists

Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:46 PM
  • Hello David,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide available options we have for assisting customers to address issues they are currently experiencing. Attached below is a Knowledge Base (KB) article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. This will allow you to download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and explain detailed information. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and uninstall all Microsoft Office programs on your computer, then reinstall Microsoft Office using the genuine MS Office installation CD and product key.
    Next, review the KB article @ http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/PkuInstructions.aspx?displayLang=enUtility.  This link provides information for Windows Product Key Update Tool Instructions.
    If you are still having issues, can you do the following?

1) Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with “ADMINISTRATOR” privileges.
    2) Download the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click "RUN".
    3) When the tool loads, click “CONTINUE”.
    4) Is the “RESOLVE” button available? If so, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool repair the issue.
    5) From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.
    6) Please reply back to this post and PASTE the entire results into reply of this post. 
    We can take a look at it and offer you some suggestions as to how to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS

Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:46 PM
  • I got it fixed, but let me tell you, I really don't think that it was My Office installation, that was the problem.  After installing the complete package and uninstalling it 9 times I finally gave up hope and told my wife that I was done with and Microsoft was more than welcome to refund me the $285.00 that I paid for my academic version.

Anyway, enough ranting about this sorry excuse for software protection, MGA.

I renamed the following files:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\data.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\data.bak

I restarted my compter then opened one of the Office Module with the Office XP AV in one of the cd-drives then I let the activation wizard run again.

That didn't work so I got to thinking about what I installed just before I relized that there was a problem.

I then deleted the same file in the following folder (data.dat):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Office Genuine Advantage\data

I then restarted the computer, reinstalled OGA again and the validation worked perfectly.

Saturday, April 7, 2007 1:50 AM
  • I've been following all the threads with '112 License Store Error' in them. Did some scanning and comparing messages, and this is the MGA report diffference in mine that applies to the problem.

I uninstalled normally. Did it the registry un-install route. little sense in repeating. All the posts with this problem have the SAME solution, and the SAME problems.

But the solutions are all for XP. I have office pro 2007 installed on Vista HP. not XP.

The

are inaccessible. links to 'all users' are just that links. They go nowhere. it's like a trampoline when you choose 'all users' just bounces the cursor.

I've installed, uninstalled, found the folders in vista that I would guess are the vista equivalents, and renamed the data.dat files. Though have no idea why bother. they were all 0 bytes in length.

Same failure with validate office

This computer has failed validation. Expand for details.

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007:

Validation Incomplete

The validation process could not be completed. Necessary files may have been
    tampered with. The validation tool is unable to verify whether your copy of
    Office is genuine.

So unless someone has something new to add to the fixes, thanks for nothing.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 3:57 AM
  • Please post your diagnostic results and let us analyze your situation. Thank you.

Stephen Holm, MS

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Monday, October 15, 2007 11:16 PM