none
My mouse is practically useless since upgrading to Windows 10.

Question

• I am having serious issues with my mouse that did not exist before I downloaded Windows 10. It has become a constant issue that has made doing anything on my computer either a real hassle or just downright impossible. It has essentially made my $1500 rig into a big paperweight. 

The issue in question is as follows:

I turn on my computer. I move my mouse around. I can see the cursor moving around but I cannot click on anything. So I end up having to tab/enter my way in. When I finally log in I can move my mouse around no problem but once again I cannot click on anything! The problem is slightly different every time. Sometimes I can see the mouse over effect on icons but still cannot click on them. Sometimes I can only move my cursor but I cannot get anything else. And sometimes it works perfectly for a good thirty 
    minutes before glitching out again. Another related probelm is sometimes when I'm on a scrollable page my mouse will act like I am holding down the scroll wheel when I'm not which makes navigating web pages impossible sometimes.

These issues have completely crippled my entire PC and I can no longer confidently do anything on it. I have ruled out a few potential solutions. It is not a problem with my mouse, I have tried swapping my mouse out with a couple others
    but the problem persists. Restarting the computer doesn't help at all. Installing, updating or otherwise messing around with the drivers has yielded absolutely no results either. 

I am becoming extremely frustrated with this and I'm afraid I may have to downgrade back to Windows 7. Please fix this! 
    Saturday, May 07, 2016 11:00 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, May 09, 2016 1:38 PM

All replies

• Does your problematic mouse work with other PCs?
    or does another mouse work on your computer? 
    Sunday, May 08, 2016 6:54 AM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, May 09, 2016 1:35 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Monday, May 09, 2016 1:38 PM