Enable a specific Account View just for a specific Security Role RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

We have created a dedicated Status picklist for the Accounts, with the following values:

• Active
    • Inactive
    • Request Approval

When an account is created, it will be automatically set to "Request Approval". We created a dedicated view with this filter criteria Account ---- Status --- Equals ----Request Approval.

Is there a way we could display this view only for a specific User Group / Security Role?

The process is like this:

• The specific User group checks the account information
    • Then they set the Account status to Active/Inactive.
    • When it is set to Active, the account will be available for the other normal Sales Agents.

I would really like to see if you have any solutions on this topic.

Thanks in advance!

Andrei Saiu

Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:41 AM

All replies

• I don't think you can restrict this view to those with a specific security role but what about this:

1) Create the view as a user (perhaps administrator) rather than as a system view.

2) Share the view to selected users or if the group of users will change frequently, create a team and share the view to the team. Then only the users or teams to whom the view has been shared get to see it.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:25 AM
  • Hello Feridun,

Thank you first of all for your answer!

How do you share a view in MS CRM?

My second questions is also how do you see your solution getting integrated to serve the purpose of the process I just described?

• The specific User group checks the account information
    • Then they set the Account status to Active/Inactive.
    • When it is set to Active, the account will be available for the other normal Sales Agents.

I'm missing something.

Thank you for your input!

Kind Regards,

Andrei

Monday, October 24, 2011 10:35 AM
  • The best solution will be to create a team for each group as decribed by Kadir,

To create a team goto settings--administration--teams and then add members to the team.

Now goto advance find and create a view and save the view. Then click on "Saved Views"--select the view and click on "Share" button in the ribbon.

Now everyone in the team will have the access to this view.

Few things to think about..

1. All accounts status is active by default
    2. Even you create this team, if your security role for that group has business unit or organization level permissions on account entity, they can still see the account, does not what status it is in. You you don't want that, you need to give just user owned priveleges to the account.

I hope this helps.

Amreek Singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com http://crm2011usersettings.codeplex.com
    • Proposed as answer by Amreek Singh Monday, October 24, 2011 11:08 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 11:08 AM