How to update a record created by a workflow? RRS feed

• Question

• In the Leads entity I've created a workflow that creates an appointment record based on a follow-up qualify call. The problem is when a user changes the date, a new appointment is created. This leaves 2 or more appointments created. How do I just change the date of the first appointment created by the workflow?
    Sunday, October 13, 2013 2:09 PM

All replies

• So, you want to update the an appointment record created earlier instead of creating a new appointment on date change. I would prefer to use a plugin in this scenario. If you like to use a workflow then you need a certain filter criteria to select the appointment record you want to update. And there could be a case where there are more than 1 appointment records that need an update. Your required plugin won't be a very complex one and it would provide you flexibility you need to update already created appointment records. 

I hope its helpful. 

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

Sunday, October 13, 2013 10:38 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I understand you want that only one Appointment should be created. You can write custom workflow or Plugin that will retrieve the appointment based on condition and will update the retrieved appointment.

HTH!

Thanks!

Monday, October 14, 2013 7:43 AM
  • Create a child workflow for creating appointment. Call you child workflow after the condition from your create workflow. It will not create 2 workflow. Test it.

Regards Faisal

Monday, October 14, 2013 11:04 AM