Issues with 32GB micro SD with Windows Phone 8 and Lumia 810 RRS feed

• Question

• I bought 32 GB micro SDHC card (Sandisk) that causes issues such as:

(1) tap Settings - then blank screen - then go back to Home

(2) when shutting down WP8, it says "goodbye" forever and it does not go away. I have to detach the battery.

(3) Occasional freezes - need to do step (2) to force reboot

(4) Go to music > songs, causes OS to freeze

(5) Go to music > albums, select one and cannot play - OS freeze

I have huge library of MP3 and WMA that I want to keep them in the SD. I did it in 2 ways:

(A)  Attach the micro SD (with adapter) into Windows PC, copy music folders to SD with Windows Explorer.

(B) Attach the micro SD into Lumia 810, connect it to Windows PC. Windows detects the hardware, then using Windows Explorer, copy he music folders to Lumia 810 > SD card > Music.

When I tried (A), 5 above issues came up. WP8 reported the SD card was corrupted. I run chkdsk to fix the SD card, but the 5 issues persisted after I inserted the SD. I formatted the SD card, and repeat (A), but the 5 issues persisted.

I tried (B), then the copying process stopped in the middle. Windows Explorer reported error cannot copy file XXX. Then the 5 issues came up again.

I am running out of ideas. What's wrong? SD, Lumia, or WP8? What should I do to have huge music files on the phone? Sorry, I can't play from the cloud.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:51 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You should ask in the Windows Phone forums on the Microsoft Community forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, January 24, 2014 4:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, February 3, 2014 6:46 PM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:35 PM

All replies

• This is a developer forum, not a phone forum.  Please redirect your issues to Nokia.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 8:31 PM
  • Hello,

You should ask in the Windows Phone forums on the Microsoft Community forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, January 24, 2014 4:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, February 3, 2014 6:46 PM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:35 PM