E-Mail RRS feed

• Question

• I have had a Hotmail E-Mail account that I have not used since about 2004. (2) I cannot remember my password and have tried a number of ways as suggested by Hotmail.  I want very much to retrive my password from Windows Hotmail inasmuch as I have a lot of my Genealogy Data on it - and was wondering if anyone could help me give me some addition direction on how I might reclaim my password from Windows/Hotmail step by step how I might be able to reclaim a password.  The E-Mail address still comes up on the requested web pages which apparently exists in Hotmail files.   Please send any suggestions or help to  jbd1949@gmail.com        Thanks    Ozarks10  
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:54 PM

All replies

• To can-not get into old E-mail acct. Because can not remember password. . I think they did a clearing of  old accounts. not being used. Passwords too. But can try setting a new password for that old account .First - setup a new account name for the new password to be sent to. Such as  namevariation@gmail.com - and a password. Write it down what name you used and password. Then go to your old E-mail  and enter a new password when they ask for it. Be sure to write it down!  They will ask you where to send it to? answer:  The new E-mail just created. Be sure to add onto contacts on the New E-mail your old E-mail address.so the notification of a new password for your old acct can get onto the new acct. Then I just shut down the computer and let it get processed by them . Go on next day and go to the New Acct. and click onto notification you have a new password for old acct.has been done. Then go to and enter old acctname@emailname.com and new password. Should let you on. Unless they put it in a set aside type vault  bcause, it is so old . In that case . . Get hold of your E-mail provider by  clicking  onto Accounts top left of  page or binging or googling.Where did my old 2004 (E-mail name)go? Good Luck.
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 1:10 AM