Access to CRM-Data via Webservice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i like to accessing contact-data from a Dynamics CRM by using a Webservice of the CRM-installation.

Is this possible or is an other component needed?

i am new to the topic, so if anybody got some information about this topic, i am happy ;)

mfg jonathan günz

Friday, August 23, 2013 11:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Provided you are using a .NET client then it is very easy - see the SDK sample - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg695810.aspx

You will need to download the SDK and reference the Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Proxy and Microsoft.Xrm.Client assemblies.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, August 23, 2013 12:18 PM
    Answerer
  • How did you get on with this?

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:29 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,sry for beeing late ;) i had a lot to do so i am trying to do it this week. I am going to tell you about this. (maybe i am able to say something to the topic at friday)

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 12:43 PM
  • Hi,

i started trying it and i get some problems. is it possible to access the CRM with windows authentication instead the username/password-credentials?

Friday, September 6, 2013 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

If you are using Dynamics CRM Online you would need to have a federated active directory via O365 - if you are using Dynamics CRM OnPrem then you would need to not be using Cliams Based authentication.

What type of deployment do you have?

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Friday, September 6, 2013 9:55 AM
    Answerer