none
thread movements by moderators RRS feed

• General discussion

• I once made the suggestion that moderators would tell from which forum they were moving. 

I see all tell that they write to which forum they move a question (I don't know what is behind this) but as a developer it looks to me complete nonsense. 

Because this won't work, I make the suggestion that the original place of the thread becomes hard coded in the header of the question(discussion)

Knowing in what forum an question is original placed helps to answer questions, those who ask a question do that related to that.

Success
    Cor

Thursday, February 26, 2015 1:04 PM

All replies

• I agree. Knowing the forum that the poster originally chose to post in can be useful when trying to understand the question. 
    • Edited by Blackwood Thursday, February 26, 2015 1:13 PM
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 1:13 PM
  • Good point,

This is why I always mention where the post came from i.e. for reason

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 1:26 PM
  • I agree completely.

I usually will tell the OP why I am moving the post such as:

The Forums Issues (not product support) forum is to report issues with the online forums application. This is not a support forum.

That way, anyone then attempting to answer the question will at least have a clue that it was originally in the "Forums Issues (not product support) forum"

I remember a time when the forum itself said where a post came from such as "Moved by Just Karl from XYZ Forum" or something along those lines.

I wish the forums team would bring that back.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Edited by Just Karl Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:15 PM
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:13 PM
  • Good point,

This is why I always mention where the post came from i.e. for reason

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Wow, I like it - it's simple, yet elegant.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:16 PM
  • I always indicate where I moved a thread from. If nothing else, it deters moderators from moving the thread back where it came from. I think it also helps to explain why I moved it. My comment is generally similar to "Not a TechNet Wiki Discussion question".

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:43 PM
  • Hello guys and girls,

Don't forget to vote for all agreeing messages, we all know that "votes" are for some at Microsoft the magic words.

Success
    Cor

Saturday, February 28, 2015 8:39 AM
  • Hello guys and girls,

Don't forget to vote for all agreeing messages, we all know that "votes" are for some at Microsoft the magic words.

Success
    Cor

Hello,

I mean vote all the agreeing post, not only the one from me, 

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:27 AM