none
Affiliations Partner and MSP in Profiles RRS feed

• Question

• I took me awhile to figure out that when a profile shows the affiliation "MSP", it probably means the same as "Partner". The term "Partner" shows in the header of a person's reply, but their Profile shows "MSP". Also, this link that explains affiliations makes no mention of "MSP":

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/gg602412.aspx

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• That's by design for some reason. So the bug here is that the info page (your link) needs to be updated to include "MSP".

Note to self to submit a bug request.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, July 16, 2012 8:53 AM
    Owner
  • I'll leave this unmarked until I at least acknowledge that the bug request was received.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:25 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed,

Can you advise whether MCT is going to be added as it's just as important as the recently added MSP (Yes I submitted a request a LONG time ago).

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Friday, July 20, 2012 12:32 AM
  • Hi Ed,

Can you advise whether MCT is going to be added as it's just as important as the recently added MSP (Yes I submitted a request a LONG time ago).

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

I haven't heard anything about adding MCT. I'll include it in my request.

Thanks!

Friday, July 20, 2012 9:49 PM
    Owner
  • UPDATE: I sent the bug request/inquiry.

Please check back in a few days.

Friday, July 20, 2012 10:01 PM
    Owner
  • UPDATE:

The forums team is aware of the bug. They plan to address it sometime soon (no ETA).

As of now, they have no plans to add new affiliations, such as MCT. But I mentioned the community interest for it.

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:00 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed,

Thanks for the update.

MCT may not be important to all forum users, moderators, owners, affiliation approvers etc however it's very important to forums relating to Training and Certification such as these:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/CertGeneral/threads

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/sqlserversamples/threads

The people who use these forums understand what a MCT is and how this acronym represents someone who is approved to deliver official Microsoft courses.  It also represents someone who has proven their ability to deliver quality training in various areas of Microsoft technology, something which makes them trusted in the certification community and great forum contributors.  IMOA, MCT is more relevant than Partner or MSP as those titles can be gained by signing up to the relevant programs and doing nothing further whereas MCT’s are required to prove their training proficiency each year as well as undertake new and updated training and certification to enable them to continue providing training as a MCT.

Given the above, I respectfully request that more consideration be given to adding MCT to the list of affiliations and that those who make the decision to add (or not add) affiliations make some effort to understand what a MCT is and how MCT’s provide valuable services to the forum community.

Jeff Wharton

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:27 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:18 AM
  • UPDATES:

- Regarding MCT Affiliation, that's sparked a separate discussion with the proper feature owners. It's also off topic for this thread.

- Regarding MSP, I confirmed that there is a bug filed on it. Still no ETA for a fix.

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:53 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Ed and I'm aware that an additional discussion has commenced. Maybe you could split my question into a separate thread?

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:05 PM