4.0 Quote recalculation - can I give it all resources? RRS feed

• Question

• Short story is that I have a quote holding 3400 details that wasn't calculating its value and I got it started.  As a result, I can't open anyquote details.  I'm assuming it's because the database is too busy to return the information.  I've run sp_who2 and see suspended updates from the CRM server but no blocks.  Also, sp_who suggests there is blocking.

It's a dev environment.  Can I somehow dedicate all resources to this process and get it done with?

Friday, August 26, 2011 3:36 PM

Answers

• Just shooting you straight here, but I have to say that pretty much anything you can do in CRM from directly in SQL Management Studio can hose up a lot of things and is considered unsupported.

I was talking about a process on the system so if you went into task manager in windows you could set the processor time to the highest setting, but with what you have told me now I don't believe that your issue is as such.  

You should try to call CRM support at 

• 877-276-2464

to see if they can help you, they will probably provide best effort support in light of your unsupported situation but if they can't figure out I fear it might come to abandoning this messed up quote entirely.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    • Proposed as answer by Jamie MileyModerator Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Thursday, September 1, 2011 4:06 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:04 AM

All replies

• You could try temporarily giving the w3wp.exe service and the async service higher processor priority ,  But do you even know whether or not the process is still functioning at all?
    Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Monday, August 29, 2011 1:05 PM
  • don't know if you mean the process in general or the processing of this one quote.  However, I think it is suffering  because I hosed it.  I moved all those quote details to this quote by writing to the quoteid field from the SQL Studio.  It's just generally ill behaved around this quote now.  And I can't move them back because I deleted the predecessor.  So, unless someone can fill me in on the intracacies of quote/quotedetail in the database, I might just be stuck.

This quote won't even open anymore.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:39 PM
  • Just shooting you straight here, but I have to say that pretty much anything you can do in CRM from directly in SQL Management Studio can hose up a lot of things and is considered unsupported.

I was talking about a process on the system so if you went into task manager in windows you could set the processor time to the highest setting, but with what you have told me now I don't believe that your issue is as such.  

You should try to call CRM support at 

• 877-276-2464

to see if they can help you, they will probably provide best effort support in light of your unsupported situation but if they can't figure out I fear it might come to abandoning this messed up quote entirely.

Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    • Proposed as answer by Jamie MileyModerator Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Thursday, September 1, 2011 4:06 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:04 AM
  • It's just a dev environment.  I'll just fix it by overlaying a copy of production. 

I do still wonder what secret relationships are being maintained in the system.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 4:06 AM