locked
Missing Icons RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    I have been trying to get the email router working and in trying things I think I have broken the path or security on the icons displayed in the settings area, the icons next to things like queues and subjects have changed to red cross's.

     

    SO if I login to CRM from outside the building, go to settings then business management all the little picture in the right hand pane are red cross's, works fine locally so suspect i have altered something but cant find what as I have undo the recent changes I made (I think)

     

    anyone help please?  but be warned I am new to the CRM package bt learning quickly.

     

    Thanks

    Monday, June 16, 2008 10:55 AM

Answers

  • It might come down to the permissions on the _imgs folder (located at the root of the crm web site). I checked on mine, and it has permissions for the Authenticated Users group.  To test, you could give read access to Everyone and see if they show up, then narrow it down.

     

    Monday, June 16, 2008 1:09 PM
    Moderator
  • Got me looking in the right direction at least.

     

    In an attempt to get the incoming mail working to create a case (I currently get a 440 login timeout error) I had reset the IUSR_<server> password, I have now told teh dynamics website what the new password is and it all seems to work, I was getting some strange script errors very occasionally as well, but having now reset it they all seem to be working fine.

     

    So thankyou both for your input.

    Monday, June 16, 2008 6:20 PM

All replies

  • I would do a repair install--on the server go add/remove programs and select Microsoft CRM and click the remove/configure button and select the repair option.  You will need to have access to the CRM install media when you do this.  This will restore any missing system files and icons.

     

    Monday, June 16, 2008 11:34 AM
    Moderator
  • Tried that but no joy I'm afraid, it does actually work and display properly if run locally, could it be down to IIS permissions somewhere?

    Monday, June 16, 2008 11:52 AM
  • It might come down to the permissions on the _imgs folder (located at the root of the crm web site). I checked on mine, and it has permissions for the Authenticated Users group.  To test, you could give read access to Everyone and see if they show up, then narrow it down.

     

    Monday, June 16, 2008 1:09 PM
    Moderator
  • Got me looking in the right direction at least.

     

    In an attempt to get the incoming mail working to create a case (I currently get a 440 login timeout error) I had reset the IUSR_<server> password, I have now told teh dynamics website what the new password is and it all seems to work, I was getting some strange script errors very occasionally as well, but having now reset it they all seem to be working fine.

     

    So thankyou both for your input.

    Monday, June 16, 2008 6:20 PM