Windows Live One Care will not load on new Laptop RRS feed

• Question

•  

OS on desk top XP and one Vista has accepted full install of Windows live one care, I just purchased a new HP

5-1010 laptop OS vista, when trying to install Win Live, it states I need to have vista OS to install Win One care

, !!  The New HP L/T does have Vista but the HP is the new 64 bit, why will it not install?  Error code comes up also as

0003-80004005. 

Is there  a new version of Once Care that will accomadate the 64 bit. My Win One care version was

purchased in Dec 07 and I am already gettnig notice to renew, but if it will not load on the new laptop I do not need this

software any more.

On orignial query about this to One Care, they recommended re configure my IE and remove other antivirus and fire wall

programs and change LAN settings, this however did not work.

Please give me your recommendations on what to do, Maybe there is a patch out there to download to cure the

problem so I can install on new HP L/T.

THANKS, Charles W. Glass, SGM, USA, RET.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• The problem may be that you are using an older CD to install One Care. Install from the One Care website - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/install/addcomputerinstall.htm

Also check your system date and time if you are being prematurely asked to renew.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:17 PM
  • Thanks Jim, I will give it a try, the Win Live CD was purchased Dec 07, but you may be correct, it does not include

a system with 64 bit operation.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:40 PM