none
computer cannot connect to home server. RRS feed

• Question

• I installed and uninstalled whs addin outlook. Since then I am getting an error message "This computer cannot connect to your home server. Check your network connection and make sure your home server is powered on. If your home server has recently restarted , try again in a few minuets." I have tried reinstalling the connector software from the home server. It will not let me connect from the console. I have a green network window and am able to access the shared folders without any problems. Please Help!!
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 2:29 AM

All replies

• I installed and uninstalled whs addin outlook. Since then I am getting an error message "This computer cannot connect to your home server. Check your network connection and make sure your home server is powered on. If your home server has recently restarted , try again in a few minuets." I have tried reinstalling the connector software from the home server. It will not let me connect from the console. I have a green network window and am able to access the shared folders without any problems. Please Help!!

Can you ping the server both by name and by IP address?
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:22 AM
  • Yes. I can ping both the name and the IP address. I have tried turning off all the firewalls and antivirus also and I keep getting that message everytime I try connecting through the console.
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 12:41 PM
  • Yes. I can ping both the name and the IP address. I have tried turning off all the firewalls and antivirus also and I keep getting that message everytime I try connecting through the console.

You had all firewalls and A/Vs on both client and server disabled at the same time and it still didn't work?  If so, my suggestion would be to contact the author of the add-in for assistance.  (Otherwise, you might have to do a Server Reinstallation.)
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:11 PM
  • Yes firewalls were off on both.  Thanks, I will contact the vendor. I was afraid I might have to do a server reinstallation I was hoping someone would have the magic answer.
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:22 PM
  • Yes firewalls were off on both.  Thanks, I will contact the vendor. I was afraid I might have to do a server reinstallation I was hoping someone would have the magic answer.

One other thought:  Can you use RDP to connect to the server desktop, then open the Console from there?
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:32 PM
  • No, I can not from any of my clients. I have hooked up a monitor to the WHS and can open the console from there only.
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:38 PM