none
CRM 2011 - warnings in Deployment manager

Question

• Hi.

We are running CRM 2011 RU16 on an environment with 2 web front end server and one SQL database server, and as far as I can see everithing is running fine. OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

Today, while looking at the deployment manager, I noticed 2 warnings:

1 - Reporting is not enabled. The message says:

To enable reports, you must first install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions for SQL Server Reporting Services. For more information, see the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Implementation Guide.

2 - One or more server roles are missing from this deployment. The message says:

The following server roles are missing from this deployment:Full Server
    To resolve this issue, either add a new Microsoft Dynamics CRM server to the deployment with the missing server roles or add the missing server roles to an existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM server in the deployment.

The first one relates to CRM Reporting extension (SRS), that as far as I understand should only be installed on the server running the SQL database - and this component IS installed there, at the correct rollup.

Anyway, I tried to install the component on the web server as well, but I cannot complete the installation as it asks me for a 'SSRS Instance' with an empty drop down. Any suggestion? Can I just ignore this warning?

The second asks for a 'Full server' role. I understand it should be one of the roles to be installed via Server manager, but I do not find a role with that name. Any suggestion? As the system is working can I ignore also this warning?

Many thanks indeed...

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:35 PM

Answers

• yes, installing on sql server is optimum. Installing on webserver or another server needs a seperate license for production instance.

regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Claudio,

SSRS can be installed on SQL Server or on web server or some other server. When setting up an orgainsation in CRM, you have to provide the SSRS URL.

http://syms170d22/reportserver_crm_dev_01

Please get the SSRS url from the reporting services configuration manager and modify the URL - it is not reports, rather reportserver_<SQLInstanceName>.

Without providing the SSRL URL and SSRS actually running the configuration does not complete.

Regards,

Jithesh

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 11:32 PM
  • Hi Claudio,

SSRS can be installed on SQL Server or on web server or some other server.

Hi

As you say 'OR', do you mean that this SSRS should be installed only once per CRM environment?

I have it installed in the SQL database server, does this suffice?

Thursday, September 11, 2014 9:10 AM
  • yes, installing on sql server is optimum. Installing on webserver or another server needs a seperate license for production instance.

regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:56 AM
  • OK, many thanks indeed.

However, the message I get in theCRM Web Front End server deployment manager is confusing...

Reporting is not enabled. The message says:

To enable reports, you must first install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions for SQL Server Reporting Services. For more information, see the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Implementation Guide.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:57 PM
  • Claudio,

that message is also correct. When you have web server on one machine and ssrs on another machine, you need to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions on the server that runs the ssrs component , in your case, on the database server.

this component is used to pass Kerberos token from webserver to the ssrs server.

let me know if you need further clarification.

regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:16 PM
  • never mind, sorry to waste your time. Just re -read your first post.

cheers,

Jithesh

Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:32 PM
  • I am facing the same issue, did you found the solution @Claudio Casonato
    • Edited by AkshayLodha Friday, September 08, 2017 6:39 AM
    Friday, September 08, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Hi.

Apologise, but I'm not working on CRM since Feb 2015, and I do not really remember the issue's details.

I do remember something related to the SQL server version, that from RU16 should be 2012 R2 or newer, but it may be not the case for this one.

Friday, September 08, 2017 7:42 PM